Saturday, October 16, 2004

Weddings

I love weddings!

It thrills me to know that when Jesus first performed his miracle (oh.. did I tell you I am a Christian donkey?), Jesus did it at a wedding.

I've always wondered why but my simple mind tells me, God loves weddings! It was His idea anyways when He made Eve for Adam. The first union.

Weddings are great because you get to meet friends and relatives you will never meet unless you are either at a wedding or a funeral. I rather meet them smiling.

Weddings are great also because it's a celebration of love at it's public best. As the music plays, every eyeball turns to the back of the church awaiting the bride to appear. A rousing applause fills the air as she walks in (tugging away at her dad's arm to ask him to slow down). The walk of her life as she see the smile on every familiar face.

(Wonder if anyone took a peak at the Groom, who by the way is equally important on wedding days)

We did that today. Friends that sat together decided to look at the groom instead of the bride as she walked in. We failed. As the music played, our heads turned like everyone else. We were too eager to see her at her best. It was a great wedding of a great couple.

As I sat there hearing the I do's and vows, I was brought back to my own wedding just a year ago this same month.

The words of the song I sang to her came back line by line. It was Adam Sandler's "Grow old with you". The music and words flooded my mind as I remembered the face of my beautiful bride as my couple friend exchanged their rings.

If there was any regret singing that song, if any at all, would be the line that say I'll give her anything ..."even the remote control."

Till today, everyone rememberd that line. They don't just remember, they remind.

That's what wedding does. It reminds you of your own vows and your own wedding.

I've started a little tradition of my own at every wedding I attend now. I repeat my vows as the couple say theirs.

It reminds me of every word I said on my wedding day.

I like this little tradition. Don't you?




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,

can't remember that much about your wedding. I heard the video was truly amazing. Who did it, by the way?

17 October 2004 at 22:12:00 GMT-7  
Blogger powerdonk said...

let's not talk about the guy that did the video ... am glad he is not doing it as a business. But he is great at writing blogs. Seen his recently? Apart from that, the wedding was superb! ;o)

17 October 2004 at 22:22:00 GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,

you must tell me more about this amazingly talented person. good at videos, good at blogs too. that is a rare bird.

where can i find this person's superbly-written blog?

17 October 2004 at 22:41:00 GMT-7  
Blogger powerdonk said...

Yes truly. Such persons are rarity. I believe his blog can be found at cometomama.blogspots.com. Enjoy reading the superb blogs

17 October 2004 at 22:44:00 GMT-7  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,

I must say it's an impeccable blog. You have much to learn, young Padawan. But the Force is strong within you.

Use the Force. But beware of the Dark Side.

17 October 2004 at 22:54:00 GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home