Thursday, October 21, 2004

Sleep

Ever wondered why we sleep?

I knew I wanted to Blog tonight before I go to bed but couldn't quite decide what topic until my body tells me it was time to sleep.

Okay, the clock on the top right hand corner of my desktop tells me it is getting late.

But who started this tradition of sleeping when it is getting late anyways?

Can you imagine if we have 24 hours and don't have to waste a single minute over sleep? It means that we can work two jobs and have time for the family, friends and fun. It means that with twice the income, we can afford a bigger house and a bigger car.

Since we are at it, why not two cars since we don't have to sleep anymore. One for the day and one for the night.

It will be so fun wouldn't it?

But if we don't have sleep, it really means that we just keep working and playing.

No more nice dreams (or for some wet dreams). It will be a life where there will be no more deje vu. No more fantasies about me being elected the President of the United States of America.

It also means that there will be no more bed time talks between husband and wife. And worst still, no more sex (ok.. you can have that anytime of the day) No more cuddling in bed and no more good night kisses.

Can't really imagine a life without saying good night.

Oh yes.. no more waking up at 2am in the morning watching Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-0 at the FA Cup Finals (and hearing breaking news that Manchester United is relegated to Division 1) because, we are busy working in our second job as we are not sleeping.

Come to think of it, sleep isn't that bad a thing after all.

I don't know. Still figuring it out. But one thing is certain, both the clock and my body is tell me ...

It's time to sleep.

...

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home