Friday, July 29, 2005

Hunger

I'm hungry.

I've also just realised that a lot of people are hungry.

How I came to that realisation? We (more than 600 of us) all met at Orchard Hotel tonight to hear from probably one of the best bible teacher that I know, Dr. Ravi Zacharias.

And boy was I fed. The Word of God was clear, comprehensive and enlightening. In his typical self, it wasn't high tempo, high impact or even high energy. It was plain, it was clear though it wasn't simple. It was intellectually stimulating but practical. At the end of it, my hunger was satisfied.

Ravi has the neck of making simple bible passages complicated but in that process, bring home the essence of the passage across crystal clear. It's very much like turning the squares of the Rubic Cube in such complicated motion but the end result is the perfectly aligned gospel truth.

I enjoy that. With that I feel very much fed.

What was interesting was that the hall was packed. I almost didn't get the chance to go into the hall because it was filled to the brim. I ended up sitting on the floor which I obviously didn't mind. And so did many fellow hungry souls who stood, knelt, sat on the floor to hear Ravi teach.

I commented to my friend who was with me "There are really a lot of people hungry for the Word."

If we had solid messages with substance each week, would we have turned up in the masses tonight?

If we were fed fully each weekend, would the hall still be filled?

Are we really short of good preaching that will feed hungry souls?

But then as I ponder over my thoughts, I realised that I was wrong in the direction of my thoughts. What I have done is to absolve myself from my own responsibility to be fed. I realised that it is I who has stopped eating. Perhaps if I have, like what Ravi would have been doing all his life, seek the Source and learn, I wouldn't have felt that hungry.

And each time I hear a message, it's a further adding to the lessons I have learned in my own time studying the Word instead of the sunday message being my primary source of feeding.

I think I've learned something today. I now realise why I'm hungry.

It's purely because I've stopped eating.

Hmm... food for thought?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are alone, call this number 800-211-9293. Connect with Real Singles from your local area instantly for only $0.99/min with a $4.99 connection fee. A true Match is only one phone call away 800-211-9293. Meet people with common interests and desires now. Check it out. 800-211-9293

11 August 2005 at 05:10:00 GMT-7  

Post a Comment

<< Home