Saturday, January 14, 2006

Cool!

I had to do this!

I've been waiting for a while to try this and I'm finally doing it. Here and now. Right above the red dirt of Australia, some 32,000 ft in the sky, I am blogging.

How cool is that?

It's a pity that the best airline in the world took so long for this service to be available but hey, it's finally here. Better still, it's free. For 30min at least. So I'm enjoying it while it last.

Surfing, emailing. The only thing I can't try which I'm dying to is to have a video conference or Skype someone while in the air. Time difference and not bringing my iSight doesn't help that endeavour very much. But it will happen. Hopefully on my return trip. At least I'll try to Skype someone.

I"m not a person for traveling on a plane. I can't sleep well and that bugs me. It's the curse of travelling on economy. Never tried Business Class. I'm told is a world apart. But till then, I hate flying.

I love to travel and see places, for work or pleasure, but I honestly hate flying.

If there is any invention that I hope can speed up and come about, it would be tele-portation. That would be something. Haven't got round the idea of beaming from Singapore to LA, 12pm to 12am instantanously would probably destroy your body clock permanantly.

I hate flying. But I'm enjoying this bit.

The movies makes it bearable.

Watched "Goal!" for my first movie. Great movie about football but wrong club. Newcastle United. It should have been Liverpool. Some lousy management decision at Anfield chased the movie makers away It was suppose to be a Liverpool film but it was not to be. It was the Toon Army that got the deal. Sad but still, a great movie.

Movies makes the flight bearable.

I measure flight time by the number of movies I can watch. For Singapore to Sydney, 3 movies and presto, I'm landing. Singapore to Auckland, 4 movies and 1 sitcom (most of the time Frasier) and I"m in Kiwiland.

Inflight movies, especially on demand, are wonderful.

But this ... internet on the plane ... is the ultimate. The world at my fingertips when I'm right above it.

Now that's cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home